Legal Help For Victims Of SUV-Rollover Accidents
Did you know? Many SUVs (sport utility vehicles) are more prone to rollovers than other types of vehicles. If you have been injured in an SUV rollover accident, you may have a case against the manufacturer of the vehicle, as well as any other party that caused or contributed to your accident.
Free consultation: Contact the law offices of Dane Shulman Associates, LLC, to schedule a consultation regarding a roof crush/roof collapse accident, a rollover accident, or any type of accident involving an SUV.
Statistics On SUV Rollovers
Since SUVs first became popular in the early 1980s, their frequent involvement in rollover accidents has been noted. A few points to consider about SUVs, rollovers and vehicle safety are as follows:
- In all types of accidents, annual deaths in SUVs increased from 450 in one year in 1975 to 4,951 in 2007, as reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) reported in 2002 that “Single-vehicle rollovers … cause … one-quarter of all deaths yearly.”
- Public Citizen, a national, nonprofit consumer advocacy organization reported as have many other interest groups that “SUVs are known rollover risks.”
- Experts often cite “a vehicle’s dimensions and estimated center of gravity” as factors that influence propensity of a car or truck to roll over.
- Other factors often cited in discussions of rollover accidents include crashworthiness of a vehicle’s roof. A crashworthy roof together with a well-functioning seat belt enables many survivors of rollover accidents to walk away.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety asserts that, “a strong vehicle ‘safety cage’ is an essential part of crashworthiness design in all types of crashes.”
If you have been injured in an SUV rollover, in any other variety of SUV crash, or in a rollover accident in any other type of vehicle, you are strongly urged to contact a Boston lawyer for SUV rollover accidents.
Evidence In SUV Rollover Accident Cases
You or a loved one may be confronting the lifelong challenge and expense of a brain injury, a spinal cord injury or both. You may be facing life on your own after the death of a spouse in an SUV rollover or a similar accident. The sooner an in-depth investigation into all relevant facts begins, the greater the chances are that an accurate accident reconstruction can determine every cause of fault or liability in the accident. Important evidence includes the following:
- The crashed vehicle
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Eyewitness reports
- Medical reports on injuries
- Reports from family and others close to the injured person on the impact of the loss of the person’s prior contributions to family life
Passenger Vans Are Prone To Rollovers Too
In addition to SUVs, 15-passenger vans have also been frequently noted in rollover accident statistics. Passenger vans are involved in large numbers of accidents resulting in serious injuries and deaths every year. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has warned consumers that a rollover is more likely to occur when a van is filled with passengers, rather than occupied solely by the driver.
An experienced personal injury attorney will examine every piece of evidence and every possibly relevant fact when evaluating and analyzing causes of injury in a car or truck accident. Vehicle design is one component of a detailed study of an accident. Other important factors include driver behavior, weather conditions, traffic conditions and use of seat belts.
- Are you facing the difficulties and challenges associated with injuries or a fatality caused by a crash occurring in a passenger van?
- Do you or does your loved one face a lifetime of special needs because of a brain injury or spinal cord injury?
- Will your children grow up without a father or mother because a parent was killed in a crash involving a passenger van or any other type of car or truck?
Talk to a lawyer with experience pursuing and obtaining compensation on behalf of victims of accidents such as a 15-passenger van rollover accident. Attorneys and staff of Dane Shulman Associates, LLC, are ready to help. Our Boston law firm includes staff devoted solely to helping you deal with medical providers and medical insurers. Our staff members often find mistakes on medical bills, such as billing multiple medical payers for the same services. By “squeezing the tube at both ends,” we work to maximize your final recovery.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Whether your auto accident was caused by a vehicle defect or a bad driver, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Please call (617) 298-2500 to speak to one of our Massachusetts attorneys.