What To Do After A Car Accident
Car accidents happen in the blink of an eye, but the injuries that result can be long-lasting. Many accident victims suffer physically as well as financially. This is where the advice and guidance of a skilled car accident injury lawyer often proves invaluable.
The Boston attorneys at Dane Shulman Associates, LLC, offer informative advice to individuals and families who have been affected by serious car accidents and other auto accidents in Massachusetts.
Free consultation: We advise accident victims and their families of important steps they can take following an accident to ensure their interests are fully protected. Call (617) 298-2500 or toll free at 866-942-6740 to arrange a no-cost consultation.
What To Do — And What Not To Do — After A Car Accident
- Do report the accident to the police and to your insurance company.
- Don’t talk to the insurance company without talking to a lawyer first (except to report the accident).
- Don’t accept blame or fault for the accident.
- Don’t tell the insurance company that you’re fine (injuries may take weeks or months to manifest).
- Don’t let the insurance company record any statements.
- Don’t sign any releases until the full scope of your injuries is known.
- Don’t believe that the insurance company will simply offer the full and fair value of what you are entitled.
- Do call an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible to ensure your right to full financial recovery is protected.
Some additional things you can do to protect your interests following a car accident include:
- Taking pictures of the accident scene, vehicles and visible injuries
- Obtaining contact information for all involved parties and any witnesses
- Seek a medical evaluation even if you do not think you are injured. Many injuries, such as closed head injuries, may take weeks or months before they can be identified and diagnosed.
Contact Our Massachusetts Car Accident Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck, act quickly to protect your right to full compensation. Contact our Boston car accident attorneys for a free consultation.
Related Links: Massachusetts Insurance Coverage After An Accident